Thursday, July 25, 2013



Perennial Beauty
What makes us beautiful? That’s easy! Just grab a team of a good makeup artist, a good hairdresser and a good stylist to take care of the matter. In a few hours you can beautiful. Yeah, well that kind of beauty will last as long as you can retouch your makeup and keep your hairdo. Easily it fades away. So how can we achieve true beauty? I vividly recall once when I was walking through my neighborhood sidewalk, trying to keep in shape perhaps, (I’ve been self-conscious about my shape since I was about 8 years old). I came across a young woman who must have been in her early 20’s. She was barefoot, wearing a long brown skirt, a grey knit blouse with her sleeves scrunched to her elbows. She wore no jewelry, had short black wavy hair, no make-up. She was joyfully chasing a baby bunny when she stumbled upon me and gazed at me with a beautiful smile. Her beauty shocked me...so simple, yet stunning! I thought to myself….”I want to be like her”. How can that be? Why? A simple woman, no shoes, no fancy clothing, NO MAKEUP! It took me a while to realize that she embodied a gracious, joyful, friendly, and generous spirit and this made her beautiful; a perennial beauty indeed. 
What do you think is true beauty?
Que nos hace bellos? Es facil! Solo consigue un equipo de maquillista, un buen peinado y un buen estilista y te puedes encargar del asunto. En tan solo unas horas seras bella. Si, pues ese tipo de belleza solo perdura mientras puedas retocar tu maquillaje y tu peinado. Facilmente se deshace. Entonces como podemos conseguir la verdadera belleza? Recuerdo muy vivamente cuando mientras caminaba por mi vecindario, tal vez haciendo ejercicio para conservar mi figura (esto me preocupa desde los 8 años). Me encontré con una joven que a lo mejor estaba en sus 20's. Estaba descalza, usaba una falda larga de color cafe, una blusa gris con sus mangas encogidas al codo. No traia joyeria, usaba pelo corto negro, nada de maquillaje. Muy divertida correteaba un conejito cuando se tropezo conmigo y me mro con una hermosa sonrisa. Su belleza me impresiono....tan simple y al mismo tiempo asombrosa. Pensé..."quiero ser como ella". Como puede ser? Porque? Una simple chica, sin zapatos, sin ropa sofisticada. SIN MAQUILLAJE! Me tomo un tiempo comprender que ella encarnaba un espiritu gracioso, alegre, amigable y generoso y eso la hacia hermosa; una belleza perenne en verdad. 
Tu que cress que es la belleza verdadera?

No comments:

Post a Comment